Publishing a regular blogpost with quality content can really do wonders for your SEO and boosts your social media plan, no matter what industry you are in. If you haven’t jumped on board with blogging, there is no time like the present.
Here are a few things to think about if you are starting your own blog:
OWN YOUR OWN DOMAIN AND HOSTING – PERIOD
Google loves to point to websites that they think mean business and therefore they favour websites that have taken the time and effort acquiring their own name. It is these websites that Google deem serious and trustworthy.
ORIGINAL ALL THE WAY
Google only wants to provide relevant search results, that’s no secret. Creating useful, informative and interesting content is one of the most important things you can do. All content should be original, as Google does not take kindly to duplicate content. If you have outsourced your blog writing to a marketing consultant you can check for plagiarism by using CopyScape, it’s a great easy, simple and cheap tool that will ensure you are only posting original content. Regular content is registered and indexed by Google crawlers, and by frequently publishing new quality content puts you in Googles good books. It’s one of the best ways to increase your ranking organically.
A backlink is simply another website linking to yours, however be warned some are to be avoided. Never ever buy them, Google has sussed this out and if caught, they could even ban you. So where those links come from genially does matter. The older the domain name that is linking to your website the better, these type of links count more. Guest blogging on relevant blogs is a great way to create quality backlinks too. Also, never forget backlinks to your own content i.e. previous blog posts or services count.
INTEGRATE YOUR BLOG
If your goal is to boost your SEO ranking the best way to do so is with an integrated blog. Not integrating your blog main website has several problems, here are a few:
- An integrated blog creates a seamless visitor experience.
- Simply having more content pages on your site also helps you rank better, Google loves content-rich authority sites.
- The backlinks to your blog posts (as mentioned above) play a major role in your SEO, so you want these pointing to your main website.
- It helps with your positioning, you will be seen as the expert not just someone who sells a service or product.
- The last thing you want to do is direct visitors away from your site. Visitors who find your blog are already on your website, not much closer to taking action.
To find out more about how I can help you with your blog contact me here
If you enjoyed this post, it would be great if you’d help it spread by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn. Thank you!